Sunday, January 6, 2013
Christmas is ...
I can hear children singing from our gates. I can hear their voices accompanied by the bells. It's His birthday! It's christmas!
I thought it was just a normal day. That is because I am not the kind of person who is very date-minded. I mean I just wake up everyday and perform my daily routines. Except today, because I know that it is a very special day.
Our house locates beside our barangay pavement, and nearby us, a chapel stands. It was already decorated by the barangay officials for the celebration for this day. But before I celebrate, I started my day with a prayer. I knelt down in front of the altar.
I was the only one in there because I know families are busy preparing for their own celebration. After I had greeted God, of course I thank him for letting us be happy throughout the year.
Well, everyone was already awake. My aunts and tito's were the ones in-charge for the food. While us, the LITTLE children were on the house doing what we need and want to do. I lye on the couch while my girl cousins were playing with the guitar. Every year, our cousins from the city
celebrates their christmas vacation here in Ilocos. That is why our christmas season becomes the happiest days of the whole year.
And then, we heard them. The children. Their little voices dances in our ears.
"Jingle bells, jingle bells ..." And then my Uncle walked towards them and gave them what they wish for, aguinaldo.
Minute after minute, the singing continues. New batches comes after another. We enjoyed listening to them although some of them sing the same songs. And even some singers weren't in perfect tone.
For me that is really what christmas brings, a smile in our lips and a beautiful feeling inside us.
Love. Peace. Oneness. Everything that represents good in the eyes of the Lord for me is the real essence of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment